PARTICIPANT INFORMATION SHEET
A research study is being conducted at Canterbury Christ Church University (CCCU) by Ann Price
Spiritual care is seen as part of holistic nursing practice and this survey is exploring spiritual care within the Intensive/critical care unit setting. There is little evidence about spiritual care practice within the Intensive care setting and this research aims to:
- Examine the registered nursing staff practice of spiritual care in intensive care units (ICU)
- Measure staff spiritual care competency using a rating scale
- Assess the staff perception of delivery of spiritual care in the ICU
What will you be required to do?
Participants in this study will be required to complete an online survey. It asks about your experience and perceptions of spiritual care within the intensive care setting and gives you opportunities to make comments. The survey takes approximately 15 minutes to complete.
To participate in this research you must:
This survey is for registered nurses currently working in an ICU setting within the United Kingdom
The results of this survey will be submitted to relevant conferences and journals for publication.
If any issues within the survey cause you distress you are advised to contact your local support network (such as occupational health) or manager to discuss these.
Confidentiality and Data Protection
On the legal basis of all data and personal information will be stored securely within CCCU premises in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the University’s own data protection policies. No unrelated or unnecessary personal data will be collected or stored. The survey data is collected anonymously and cannot be attributed to individuals.
Deciding whether to participate
If you have any questions or concerns about the nature, procedures or requirements for participation do not hesitate to contact me. Should you decide to participate, once the data is submitted to the online survey, you will not be able to withdraw as information will already be anonymised.
Please contact Ann Price at email@example.com or telephone 01227 922608
Please read to ensure you consent before continuing to the survey:
- I confirm that I have read and understand the information sheet for the above study and aware that I can contact the researcher to ask questions
- I understand that my participation is voluntary and data in anonymised. Once online data is submitted I will not be able to withdraw from the study.
- I understand that any personal information that I provide to the researchers will be kept strictly confidential
- By completing the online survey, I agree to take part in the above study.
If you are willing to participate please continue to the survey